Monday, February 25, 2008

Are You Relevant?

Are You Relevant?
My mind ruminates over this question as I traverse borders between communities, states, and countries.. It seems there are so many niches in which individuals may hunker down and claim individualism. I’m constantly seeking the underlying connection between us all. I’m looking for something that will have significance and bearing on matters at hand. What is something that is relevant for this global community with so many options brought on by a deluge of accessible information?

Then it hit me this weekend…

I may not have the words to connect with anyone, anywhere, at anytime.

Here is something I can offer. LOVE. Yeah, sacrificial, humble, giving of myself to care for another person’s innate needs. Love to GOD and love for others. When love is offered with the right motivation it may be misunderstood, but eventually, if love is pure, it has significance and bears on the matters at hand.

Mother Teresa said, “You can do no great things, only small things with great love.”

Maybe if I get down to the basics of loving God and loving others, relevancy follows, because it has significance and people matter.

No comments: